cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Remote does not connect always

Shiranai
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a big problem with my 6D and the EOS remote app running on a Moto G 2nd Gen.

So I connected and paired the 2 and initially (when setting up connection) everything works but I always get the following problem:

So, I take a photo, leave everything connected and maybe switch the camera off (or the camera or the phone goes into energy saving mode and switches wifi off at some point).

The next time I start the camera or the phone, Wifi icon keeps blinking on the camera. The phone connects and states it is connected, but the EOS remote app doesn't recognize it - yet it states the 6D in the connection view under wifi, but not as connected.

The only workaround to solve it, is to quit the connection completely on the phone and then reconnect it with typing in the password every time. Now, I've set it to no password to make it quicker but that doesn't solve the main problem.

I think it might be a bug in the EOS remote app, since the same crap happend to me with the Galaxy S4 mini.

1 REPLY 1

Shiranai
Apprentice

Just in case, I found a solution now. So if anybody has the same problem, the following helped:

- So first get the newer "Canon Camera Connect" from the Playstore. Canon support told me that is actually about to replace EOS remote.

- Delete all Wifi Settings on the EOS.

- When you re-setup the Wifi, select a NEW name for your camera.

I'm not sure which of these steps actually helped, but now everything is working.

Announcements