cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T6i Installing Software without CD Drive

aprillt14
Apprentice

Hello, I've had my Camera for a few years (Rebel T6i) and got a new Windows computer. My computer does not take a CD, so I cannot install the software to get my pictures from my camera to my computer. Are there directions for downloading the necessary software somewhere other than on the disk that was sent with my camera? 

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The software included on the Solutions Disc provided with your camera could be as much as 8 yrs old.  This body was first released in 2015.  Its best to use the latest software available for your camera.  

Please visit the Support Portal for your product:

Canon Support for EOS Rebel T6i | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Select Software and Drivers, then the OS you are running on your PC or MAC.  A list of available software and downloads will be displayed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

normadel
Authority
Authority

You DO NOT NEED any software just to download photos from camera to computer. Connecting them with the USB cable should mount the camera as a drive, in Windows' File Explorer.  Then just open it, open the DCIM folder, and drag/move/copy files to wherever you want them on the computer.  Another way is to get yourself an SD-card reader (they are cheap), connect it to the computer, and .do the same thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If using the USB cable to connect to your computer, Wi-Fi must be disabled in the camera or you won't see the camera on your computer.

Announcements