cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D Camera Firmware Update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.9

chaprick
Apprentice

I bought a used Canon EOS 6D that has firmware version 1.1.2.  It looks like the latest version is 1.1.9.  However, 1.1.9 requires 1.1.8 and 1.1.8 requires 1.1.4 and that's when I stopped looking.  Also, it appears that 1.1.9 is not compatible with my Windows 11 operating system.  So I am wondering what would be the process to find the versions I need and load them, or is it even worth the trouble?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@chaprick wrote:

But that update is not available for Windows 11.

The Operating System is irrelevant.  Your camera is not a Windows OS or a Mac OS.
Download the version for Windows 10 and follow the instructions to unZIP the file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority

Download 1.1.9, unzip it, put it on the memory card and run the firmware update. Done.

What OS you are running doesn't matter as long as you are able to unzip the file.

1.1.9 has previous updates included.

I don't think you read my post......

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Updates are cumulative.  You don't need each in between. You can go from where you are to the latest in one step.     1.1.2 > straight to > 1.1.9.

Credit Peter 😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@chaprick wrote:

The Operating System is irrelevant.  Your camera is not a Windows OS or a Mac OS.
Download the version for Windows 10 and follow the instructions to unZIP the file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I will try that. Thank you. 

Announcements