cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Photo Professional 4.11 Can't Convert and Save

Andy4
Apprentice

I am using DPP 4.11 and trying to convert and save a RAW file to a JPG file.  The software doesn't seem to work. the pop-up window apears, I press save and pop-up window goes away but no file is saved.  

I am using MacOS Catalina 10.15.

When I save the RAW file with edits. opening the file in Preview or Photos in the MacOS i only see the orginal RAW file and not the edits. only see the edits in DPP

AndyP

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Seems to be  a  reported problem with Catalina. Try using Batch Process instead; I have seen where that works.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks the Batch Process worked.  Even to the same folder.  

@Andy4 wrote:

Thanks the Batch Process worked.  Even to the same folder.  

The output from DPP is usually a JPEG file.  DPP will not overwrite JPEG files under any circumstance.  It does not give you an error message, it just simply skips executing the task.  If you are editing JPEGs, then you must save the output to another folder.  I use a sub-folder, which is easily selected when using the Batch Process.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

What is the Batch Process? I can't save into jpg too, using Catalina.

Many thanks, 

Maya 

@maya123 wrote:

What is the Batch Process? I can't save into jpg too, using Catalina.

Many thanks, 

Maya 

For whatever set of reasons, DPP will not overwrite files when you create output JPGs.  The Batch Processs is best explained by trying it.  Select two or more files, then select the Batch Process in the Files menu.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Help

I tried Batch processing which seemed to work and create a .JPG file.

However the files created can't be opened or worked on.

Hey there,

What program are you trying to open it in, and where in your computer are the JPEG files being saved?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

In windows I've seen this happen when you try to save the converted files to the same directory as the original.  Are you selecting a differnt save to folder for converted .JPGs?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Andy4
Apprentice
Must be big in the DPP for concert and save. It would not do for RAW file to JPG file in same or different directory. Only Batch save worked. Batch would give you an error message if you tried to batch save a jpg to same distort with same name.
Announcements