cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 not finding photos

Paintfloater
Contributor

DPP4 is not finding my photos on the SD card. They are on the computer and I can get to them that way but not via DPP4. I have tried a different card, no luck. It just continues to search.

17 REPLIES 17

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If the SD card is still inside the camera, then access will be denied.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

This is in the computer. I have not had a problem before, in the past I put the SD card in the computer and it downloads the photos to DPP4 no problem, for some reason it now it can't find the photos, it just keeps searching. Thanks for the reply.

If you put the card back in the camera, and the camera does not see them, then you probably have a bad memory card.  In either case, this one needs to be replaced.

Be sure to always perform a low levelformat your SD memory cards in the camera prior to first use.  Despite appearances to the contrary, SD cards do not come pre-formatted.  What you are seeing is residue from production testing.  Erase it.

Be sure to only use full size SD cards.  The micro-SD cards that require a plastic adapter case are highly unreliable.  Only use them in devices that do not require the full size adapter.

Be sure to only buy your memory cards from reputable dealers and stick to major brand names like Lexar or Sandisk.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The SD card is fine in the camera I always format. If I go to the card on the computer I can down load the photos, When I put the SD card in the usual flag comes up asking to choose a device I click on EOS_Degital as usual. It should then take me to a choice of what photos I want to down load, instead it takes me to a page where it says looking for photos and just keeps searching. The card is fine I have tried other cards and the same happens.

@Paintfloater wrote:

This is in the computer. I have not had a problem before, in the past I put the SD card in the computer and it downloads the photos to DPP4 no problem, for some reason it now it can't find the photos, it just keeps searching. Thanks for the reply.

Have you changed something on the computer or installed an operating system update?

Photos do not get download to DPP. Photos are downloaded to a folder of your chosing (or a folder automatically created by the computer) and then you can select that folder in DPP in the Folder section.

Screenshot 2022-09-18 134911.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-18 135249.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

They would normally download to the pictures folder correct and would then be available in DPP4 They are not going to the picture folder because they can not be found. Thanks for the reply.

That sounds like a Windows problem or a card problem. If you open the EOS_Digital folder, which is the SD card, you should see a folder - EOS100 or something. Double click hat folder and you should then see some more folders. One of the will be DCIM. Double click that folder and you should see your image files. Do you?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I said in previous replies I can open the SD card and I can then move the photos to Pictures and they are available in DPP4. It is happening with different SD cards so it is not the cards. The computer is not finding the photos to download directly to Pictures as normal. Thanks

In that case, we recommend reaching out to support so they can work through this with you one-on-one. Support is available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 9 pm (ET), and Saturdays from 9 am to 9 pm (ET) at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). You may find it helpful to register your camera before calling. You can do that at canon.us/account

Announcements