cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 not finding photos

Paintfloater
Contributor

DPP4 is not finding my photos on the SD card. They are on the computer and I can get to them that way but not via DPP4. I have tried a different card, no luck. It just continues to search.

17 REPLIES 17

Thank you

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Paintfloater,

Help us, help you.  Is this a PC or MAC?  What version and build?

In either case, the card will need to be mounted, (and/or) a drive letter assigned before the images will appear in Finder (MAC) or Windows Explorer (PC).

Clarify or solve this issue first.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

HP computer with windows 10. This is the same SD card I have used in the past. It is downloading to the computer but not DPP4 it is not finding the photos as usual. I have tried other cards and it is the same. So the problem seems to be with DPP4 not finding the photos. Thanks for the reply.

When I put the SD card in the usual flag comes up asking to choose a device I click on EOS_Digital”.   

I cannot figure out what the above statements means.  It sounds like the SD card is still inside of the camera, to me.  Access will be denied to all apps, not just DPP

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I am doing the same thing I have been doing for years, I put the SD card in the computer and I am given a choice of where I want to download too EOS_Digital is the choice to download to DPP4, normally when I click on that I am then asked what photos I want to download I make my selection and it takes the photos to DPP4. I am getting the EOS choice but it then does not find the photos to choose from. Thanks for the reply.

Forgot to say. The EOS choice is the SD card

@Paintfloater wrote:

HP computer with windows 10. This is the same SD card I have used in the past. It is downloading to the computer but not DPP4 it is not finding the photos as usual. I have tried other cards and it is the same. So the problem seems to be with DPP4 not finding the photos. Thanks for the reply.

I am totally confused.  If you can download to the computer, then what is the problem.  DPP4 is not used for downloading files.  Once you have downloaded files to the computer using the EOS Utility the SD card should no longer be part of the equation.

Once you download the files to your computer File Explorer should be able to find the folder containing the files.  That is that DPP does.  It browses folders after you have downloaded them.  I don’t think DPP even knows what an SD card is.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If I open the SD card the photos are there, that is a long way round to do it. Usually they download straight to the Pictures folder and are then also available in DPP4. Put another way, the photos are not being found when I tell the computer to find them, I have to go look for them. I have to leave for an appointment. Thank you.

Announcements