cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 Lens Correction options unavailable

SundownWW
Apprentice

Hi. I'm tasked with doing some photos of my woodworking products, using my daughter's Rebel T6 and the most appropriate lens she has, the EFS 18-55mm IS ll. I've downloaded the latest Canon DPP4, and it seems to load the lens data I select just fine. However, none of the adjustments in the "Perform Image Lens Correction" drop down are available to use, and the second Sub-Window continues to state Lens Data: Not Available.

Is there some online training video I should search for to learn to use this lens correction capability, or should I invest in a different lens for this use? I did find a recommendation in this forum to move the camera away from the subject and then zoom in to fill the frame, which was a big improvement, but it seems like a workaround to using the correct equipment.IMG_2142.jpg 

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

What are you trying to correct?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you working with a RAW or JPEG file?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I think John asked the right question.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

This particular image includes barrel distortion.  Which is quite prevalent with shorter focal lengths.  That's why it would indeed be better to capture the image with a longer focal length and being further away.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements