cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 How to display AF points

DaleWidner
Apprentice

Canon R8 purchased in October 2023

How to display the AF point on my computer once I transfer images to my computer.  The AF point is visible when I review images in the camera but it is not displayed once I transfer to my computer.  What happened? 

8 REPLIES 8

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

DaleWidner,

I can't be positive about this, but I think it has more to with the software you are using to display images on your computer. What software or program are using to view images on your computer?

Steve Thomas

I am using Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 (DPP4)

You might have to turn it on:

Untitled.jpg

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I think only DPP and Lightroom can display this, and Lightroom might only be able to do it with RAWs.

March411
Enthusiast

kvbarkley nailed it, LRC does have focus points (lightroom focus points plugin) but you will need to download the plugin. It works with RAW, DNG and JPG.

https://www.lightroomfocuspointsplugin.com/

DDP is much easier to use, I have it loaded specifically for focus points. It displays on thumbnails and the larger images.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mark IV ~ R6 Mark II ~ R50 and way to many EF lenses
Photoshop and Topaz Suite for image processing
http://commonhangout.com/piwigo/

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is available in DPP if that works for you. From the Tools menu:

shadowsports_0-1712702758229.png

shadowsports_1-1696225208382.png

shadowsports_2-1696225290227.png

Please let me know if I've mis-understood your request?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Much appreciation - looks like that is going to work.   Thanks again.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Thanks for your feedback .  Glad it helped.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements