cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 Editing Controls Grayed Out

leigh8909
Apprentice

So I've downloaded DPP4 and I'm trying to edit my photos for the first time and when I click on a photo and hit edit most of the editing controls are grayed out and I cant use them. I'm not sure what I did wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings and welcome to the forums,

Please tell us what camera model and lens(es) you are using.  Next and most important, what format are you shooting in on the camera?  You'll want to use RAW file format and not .JPG to save photos on the camera.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@leigh8909 wrote:

So I've downloaded DPP4 and I'm trying to edit my photos for the first time and when I click on a photo and hit edit most of the editing controls are grayed out and I cant use them. I'm not sure what I did wrong? Any help would be appreciated!

That typically means you are trying to edit a JPEG image (assuming it is a file from a Canon camera)

https://cam.start.canon/en/S002/manual/html/index.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements