cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 Compare view with edits on RAW file

Aliamba
Apprentice

I use the split view a lot to compare my original image to my edits. DPP4 saves edits directly on the RAW file. This causes a problem for me.

If i save these edits on the RAW file and come back later to make adjustments, the "Original Image" is showing the image with the saved edits and not the original "Shot Settings".

I think there should be an option for the "Before/After" mode to be either "Last saved" or "Original Shot".

Here is an example, this is my split view before saving my edits into the RAW file:

Screenshot_1.png

And here is my split view after i saved my edits and reopen to continue my editing:

Screenshot_2.png

I can not continue my edit while comparing to the original shot.

A solution would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Aliamba!

The only way I can see to do what you want is to change the name of the unedited Raw file using the "Save as" command on the unedited Raw file, select that new image, then use the "Pinned image comparison" selection to open the two panels for side by side comparison. It will initially open the "Saved as" image in both panels, however you can then open the original (not the "Save as") in the right panel by selecting it from your roll or thumbnails. You will then have the Pinned renamed image on the left and the original on the right for editing. The renamed pinned file will remain unedited for future reference.

Of course, you can do it the other way around and edit the Renamed file. Personally, I just edit the Raw and if I ever want it back I can just "Revert to shot settings" from the menu. Typically, I don't care to compare my edits to the original Raw 🙂

DPP 4 Pinned Raw-1a.jpg

Newton 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Hello, Aliamba!

The only way I can see to do what you want is to change the name of the unedited Raw file using the "Save as" command on the unedited Raw file, select that new image, then use the "Pinned image comparison" selection to open the two panels for side by side comparison. It will initially open the "Saved as" image in both panels, however you can then open the original (not the "Save as") in the right panel by selecting it from your roll or thumbnails. You will then have the Pinned renamed image on the left and the original on the right for editing. The renamed pinned file will remain unedited for future reference.

Of course, you can do it the other way around and edit the Renamed file. Personally, I just edit the Raw and if I ever want it back I can just "Revert to shot settings" from the menu. Typically, I don't care to compare my edits to the original Raw 🙂

DPP 4 Pinned Raw-1a.jpg

Newton 

Announcements