cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4.15 (W10) 'stamp' edits not visible in thumbnails

TedR
Contributor

From time to time I have what seems to be a 'blow-up' with DPP4 where something that has given no trouble previously now seems screwed up for no apparent reason. To be fair this doesn't happen often so this is not a knock against Canon.

This difficulty occurred using DPP4 v4.13, so I have downloaded today the latest DPP4.15 and installed it, and the same thing happens.

I made some edits to a RAW file (CR2 shot with G1Xmk3) using the 'stamp' tool to clean off some unwanted areas, something that is usually pretty straightforward. I can see the edits in the edit window, I can see them in the converted JPG, I am sure if I make a print they will be included, but the thumbnail in the DPP4 browser persists in showing the unedited image and no matter what I do saving and copying and resaving and everything else I can think of the stamp edits do not show up in the thumbnail (other edits eg brightness DO show). I do not recall encountering this previously.  In the DPP4 instructions there is a cryptic comment about this in reference to 32 bit operating systems, which cause the edits to be not visible in previews. But my W10 system was all new in 2019 and is trouble free so why something 32 bit would apply is a mystery.

Can someone check this out and get back to me, is this normal (ie I have lost my mind and forgotten that this is normal) or is something screwed up? I'd appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I haven't paid a lot of attention to this but in my memory this has been the case for a long time if not since the stamp tool appeared.  I am using Win 10 64 professional on a workstation.

It isn't an issue with the way I use DPP.  I would be extremely happy if they would dump the useless splash screen that shows up during JPG conversion.  It's only purpose is to get in the way of editing the next image.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I haven't paid a lot of attention to this but in my memory this has been the case for a long time if not since the stamp tool appeared.  I am using Win 10 64 professional on a workstation.

It isn't an issue with the way I use DPP.  I would be extremely happy if they would dump the useless splash screen that shows up during JPG conversion.  It's only purpose is to get in the way of editing the next image.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thank you, I use it infrequently so likely my memory of how things behave is faulty, I take your word for it.

You are welcome Ted.

I assume their logic is to present the thumbnail with all of the "structural" detail of the original image since the thumbnail also shows the entire image with the crop box rather than just the cropped portion.

Rodger

Announcements