cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP won't save or convert RAW photo to a file folder. Error message says "error"

EvyColorado
Contributor

I have an iMac M1 and DPP both will all updates installed. I disallowed Firewall on Privacy and allowed signed apps to communicate. The error message is what's below OR a blank for photos processed and at the bottom the filename and the word "error". Thank for any help...I wish I could use DPP raw conversion but the time burn is excessive.

EvyColorado_0-1652368006393.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@EvyColorado wrote:

I guess I must covert and save back to original folder? When sending to a different folder DPP showed

Another error message:

EvyColorado_0-1652376007586.png

Since it say “cannot access folder” have you given DPP folder and disk access in the security settings?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

EvyColorado
Contributor

The other error message

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 9.14.19 AM.png

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What file type are editing?  If you are editing JPG files, then you must save the output JPG to a different folder. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please help us out by providing the steps and specific terms being performed when this error occurs.  What version of DPP are you using.  What version of MAC OS are you running?  Latest or with all updates are not versions.  We can't try to reproduce the behavior without knowing this.

You are working with .CR2 files?

You are trying to Convert and Save to ?  (.jpg, exif, tiff))?

Are you resizing?  Provide more information about the file you are starting with.  The steps, and what you are doing.  Saving to the same directory, a different one?  Please use the names on the menus so we don't have to guess what the workflow is.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

EvyColorado
Contributor

DPP Version 4.16.0.0, Mac OS/X 12.3.1 iMac Chip: Apple M1

Open DPP, Select folder on external drive- oh duh- one must use the main system drive NOT an external drive to import and then the image can be exported to external drives as well as the system drive. Is that correct? when exporting a CR3 as a jpg with no modifications and no sidecar it did not work when importing from an external drive. This was the most simple test. Now I see I can export the modified CR3 files in several formats PROVIDED the import was from a System Drive.

If I am wrong, please tell me. Thank you so much- as I wrote the exact steps this occurred to me.

DPP doesn't use sidecar file. If you "Save" in DPP you are writing all the editing info to the .CRX file.

If you "Save  As" you are creating a new .CRX with all the editing info.

If you "Convert and save" you are creating a TIFF or JPEG file edited as you directed the software.

There may be issues with file saving if you haven't granted the necessary permissions to macOS.

I can confirm that DPP will read a .CR3 file from an external thumb drive and convert and save a TIFF to the same drive.

MacBook Air Intel processor Monterey.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

EvyColorado
Contributor

I guess I must covert and save back to original folder? When sending to a different folder DPP showed

Another error message:

@EvyColorado wrote:

Another error message:

Since it say “cannot access folder” have you given DPP folder and disk access in the security settings?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much for your time and help. Don't why the earlier messages did not tell me the folder could not be accessed, just that there was an error. Best of all, it is solved and works. Much appreciated.

Announcements