cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 altered itself

Dianoban
Enthusiast

Camera: Rebel T6s

Camera was not used for a few months due to the Covid 19.  Take a few shots today but cannot download the images.  DPP does not appear when camera is connected to PC, have to open it manually.  But it appeared differently as the printscreen hereunder.  Cannot download images.

How correct is or do I have to download a new DPP?

Thanks58.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

EOS utility is used to connect the camera and download the images and then DPP is used for editing and conversion to JPG. 

I suspect a windows update changed the auto start settings of EOS utility causing the change in your system behavior.  I use the ethernet port to connect my 1DX series cameras and after an update a few months ago I had to go back in and setup the networking parameters for it to work. 

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks.

I re-installed the DPP.  Doesn't help at all.  It cannot read the camera when it is opened manually.

You need to install EOS utility or if it is on your system, launch it manually.  EOS utility is used to communicate with the camera, NOT DPP.   This link will tank you to the Canon site where you can download the latest version of EOS utility:  https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-utility

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thank you, and appreciate the link.

Just tried to download the latest DPP & utility but failed.  S/N is required.  I do not know the S/N.  My daughter used T6s, she upgraded to Canon's full frame gears & dumped all the APS-C stuff to me. I have the manuals & disks but do no know the S/N.

How to find the camerals S/N ?  Just thumbed through the camera's menu & did not see S/N.

Or, how to update the DPP & utilities?  I have the disks.  Would it be easier to install the DPP & utilities and update it than download & install them?

Again, thanks.

You are welcome!  The serial number should be on a plate on the bottom of the camera near the tripod socket.  There are several identifiers on the plate, there should be a 12 digit serial number for the camera there.  Or if you have previously transferred a jpg to your computer from the camera and it was saved with the EXIF (exposure information) then the camera serial number is part of that data.  Free JPG viewers like Irfanview will show the exif data, open the jpg file in Irfanview and choose image and then information from the menu and click on EXIF and it will display all of the exposure info including the camera body serial number.

EOS utility and DPP software are NOT specific to a camera body so if you have another Canon camera that uses Canon software, you can use the serial number from that body.  I have several 1 and 5 series bodies but they all use the common EOS and DPP apps.

Rodger

Dianoban
Enthusiast

58.jpg

Camera, Conon Febel T6s

Used the camera for four years.  Stopped using it five or six months ago due to Covid 19.  Take some shots today and find DPP does not work properly. 

1. DPP does not respond automatically when camera is connected to PC for downloading images.

2.When it is opened manually, it appears like the printcreen above & cannot download images.

How to correct this issue, please or do I have to download a new DPP4?

Thanks

Announcements