cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4 Won't Edit RAW/JPEG

JRC1955
Contributor

I shoot RAW/JPEG photos load them to DPP4 but cannot edit them. What am I doing wrong? I am using R7 and latest DPP 4. I try clicking use RAW photos and it won’t show them in the edit screen. 

15 REPLIES 15

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What version of DPP and what computer?

JRC1955
Contributor

DPP 4 4.16.11.0 and 2019 iMac 27” 12.5.1

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I suggest you call Canon. It should work.

JRC1955
Contributor

I can do that? They will actually help me? That would be GREAT. 

Untitled.jpg

Thank You kvbarkley. I will give that a try first thing tomorrow. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@JRC1955 wrote:

I shoot RAW/JPEG photos load them to DPP4 but cannot edit them. What am I doing wrong? I am using R7 and latest DPP 4. I try clicking use RAW photos and it won’t show them in the edit screen. 

That statement makes me curious.  What does that actually mean?  Are you downloading the images to the computer?  Are you trying to edit the images on the card, or in computer memory?  The image files need to be transferred to a computer for editing.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Up to now they would go straight into Photos and I could edit the RAW pictures in the Photos app. But with the R7, Photos does not recognize the RAW pictures. So, I have been trying to figure out how to edit them in DPP 4. But DPP doesn’t seem to work for me either. I am sure it is operator error, just can’t seem to figure what it is that I am doing wrong. I put the RAW/JPEG pictures in a separate file on my desktop and DPP sees them there but then parts of the DPP edit process is greyed out. 

Parts of DPP will be greyed out if you are trying to edit a JPEG.

What file type are you trying to edit and what options are you trying to use.

If you upload a R7 RAW file to this folder I will try it on my MacBook.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbg7Mi7ZgtlepZaQ_3nA?e=1Zee6g

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements