cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP 4.18.1.0 crashes while opening folder containing edited HDR HEIC image (macOS)

Blueberry_Lover
Enthusiast

I'm running DPP Version 4.18.1.0 on macOS Sonoma 14.1.1 (on a Mac mini M2 (2023)).

After uploading an HDR HEIC (.HIF) image (from an EOS R5 camera) using the EOS Utility 3, I scaled the image using the macOS Preview application in order to reduce the resolution by a factor of 2/3. When I launched DPP (which was  pointing to the folder that contained the original image and subsequently contained the edited image), the program immediately crashed. I suspect an incompatibility between Canon's and Apple's implementation of the HDR HEIC standard.

- Pie Lover

P.S. Although I didn't try it, scaling the image using DPP (rather than Preview) should work as expected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Blueberry_Lover
Enthusiast

Canon customer support has indicated that the current version (4.18.1.0) of DPP is not compatible with macOS 14 (Sonoma). An updated version will be posted to the support site once available.

- Pie Lover

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Blueberry_Lover
Enthusiast

Canon customer support has indicated that the current version (4.18.1.0) of DPP is not compatible with macOS 14 (Sonoma). An updated version will be posted to the support site once available.

- Pie Lover

Announcements