cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuously Disconnects/Reconnects before freezing- EOS Utlity

DCXA
Apprentice

Hi there, 

Thank you for taking the time to read this and potentially responding. 

Essentially I'm having issues connecting my EOS 70D to my computer for streaming purposes. 

Everytime I turn the camera on while tethered into my pc, or tether it to my PC while camera is already on, it connects, I'm able to display an image through live shoot for a few seconds, then it disconnects.

I'm spammed with the sound of a device continuosly connecting and disconnecting, and EOS utility reads "lost connection to camera". 

Windows 10, up to date EOS utility, up to date EOS firmware. 

This happens both off of battery life and AC. 

I have tried meddling with computer hardware power settings also. Have tried many cables. Everything is up to date. Please help! And thank you again. 

Thank you again!

2 REPLIES 2

DCXA
Apprentice

Since posting this an hour ago, I've discovered a few things: 

- I can get live view to work while operating off of battery until I want to place it on the mount, and then it disconnects. 

- I cannot get it to operate at all from AC power. 

@DCXA wrote:

Since posting this an hour ago, I've discovered a few things: 

- I can get live view to work while operating off of battery until I want to place it on the mount, and then it disconnects. 

- I cannot get it to operate at all from AC power. 

Mount?  What mount?  That sounds like a ground fault, if the "mount" is some type of AC adapter.

You need to provide a few more details about what connections you are making, and which apps you attempting to use on the PC.  BTW, you should not connect multiple cables between the camera and PC at the same time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements