cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon webcam utility there is no camera video output

Mikko
Apprentice

Hello, I've got Canon Rebel T6 (EOS 1300D) and wanted to use it as a webcam. I connected the usb cable that I got with camera but there is no video output at all. Turned on eos webcam utility and the only thing thats there is the default scene it doesnt see the camera? I turned camera mode to video so it should work. Also can't connect over WIFI as its premium option and im not looking forward to get it as the only thing I need is cable one. It tells me to connect the camera but it is connected? Tried also many other cables with no luck.Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.pngThe graphic that is there always and no videoThe graphic that is there always and no video

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You do not appear to be running the EOS Utility, but if you are, it will keep the camera from working as a WebCam.

If you have Wi-Fi enabled on the camera, it will disable USB connectivity. 

With the camera connected via cable and powered on, does it appear in Windows explorer as a Mass Storage Device?  Can you open the folder and view images on the camera?

Have you looked at Device Manager.  Does the camera appear there when connected and powered on?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You do not appear to be running the EOS Utility, but if you are, it will keep the camera from working as a WebCam.

If you have Wi-Fi enabled on the camera, it will disable USB connectivity. 

With the camera connected via cable and powered on, does it appear in Windows explorer as a Mass Storage Device?  Can you open the folder and view images on the camera?

Have you looked at Device Manager.  Does the camera appear there when connected and powered on?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

To add to what Rick has already asked, what version of the WebCam Utility are you running?

What app are you trying to use?

If you do not have subscription for Webcam v2 Pro, then which camera did you select?

[EDIT]. FYI, your posted screenshots are totally meaningless, to me.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Mikko
Apprentice

Hi as shadow said it was wifi enabled problem so the ports were turned off thank you sm for help now it works

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for your feedback.  One of us would have got you to the finish line  😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements