cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon M50 Firmware rollback

LunarGlowMedia
Apprentice

I bought my M50 about 4 months ago, and my DJI Ronin SC maybe a month or two after. I tried to get the two to talk several times, and eventually found the information buried pretty deep in the substrate of the interwebs that the DJI Ronin SC will not work with a M50 running firmware after version 1.0.2. I'm not going to go into a long rant about how dumb it is that they woul'dnt make sure that their budget option for small mirrorless cameras like the M50 would be compatible with arguably the most popular entry level video camera on the market for the past several years, but I am looking for solutions.

- Would it even be possible to roll the firmware back to 1.0.2? (If so a legit link would be much appreciated)
- If it is possible, would I be losing anything groundbreaking by going back? I know there are a number of security vulnerabilities that were patched, but unless it's something egregious I think I can live with it if I can get the gimbal working properly.

1 REPLY 1

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Unfortunately firmware cannot be downgraded from a higher version to a prior version.

Announcements