cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS Webcam utility

beniiiii
Contributor

Will this software download to Mac 12.3.1 (MacOS Monterey)?

At the download page for the M6 Mark II, https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca... there is a firmware download. It highlights macOS Catalina v10.15 detected. I have chosen both, Catalina and MacOS12 but my MacBook Pro M1 won't open it for neither software: EOS M6 Mark II Firmware Update, Version 1.1.1 [Mac OS X].

Do I need it?

What am I doing wrong?

Is there a Canon EOS Webcam utility for the MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) running MacOS Monterey, 12.3.1?

This is a real headache. Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings beniiiii,

We are still reviewing the option of updating our EOS Webcam Utility software to be compatible with macOS 12 running on Apple's M1 chip. You state that you have tried downloading and installing the latest versions for macOS 10.15 to see if it will work with your computer. In case they won't run on your computer, then I would recommend to occasionally check the software download page for the EOS M6 Mark II to see when updates become available. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

An alternative option would be to use the HDMI port of the camera and with a video capture card or video capture device that is connected to the computer. Unfortunately, we're unable to provide recommendations on video capture cards or video capture devices since they are manufactured by third party companies which Canon does not test to ensure compatibility.

Thank you.

Announcements