cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon D70

silverback
Apprentice

Hi as a newbe in this forum, I wonder if you can help.

I cannot get my computer to recognise my D70 this, despite loading all the included software. any help would be welcome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now working. Cleaned up the computer and ensured that camera battery is fully charged.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

silverback
Apprentice

I should have said that my PC is running windows 7

amfoto1
Authority

I suspect you mean Canon 70D Smiley Happy (D70 is a Nikon model).

Anyway, try turning your camera off, then connect it... then turn it on. Windows 7 should recognize it (the Canon software isn't necessary just to recognize the camera.... but is needed to do other things with the camera and your images).

However you might need to do an update to Win7, since it pre-dates the 70D.

If all you want to do is transfer images from the memory card, it's always better to pop the card out of the camera and use a card reader, anyway. That's faster and the USB cable and ports seem more susceptible to wear & tear.

If you want to make some settings or shoot with the camera tethered to the computer, hopefully the system should recognize it. If not, look for an update for Win7 from MS.

Alan Myers

San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & PRINTROOM 

Thanks Alan
it is a 70D.
I tried your solution but still no joy. Also, it appears that no update is available for win7 to address the problem.
This problem is a strange one as the camera is only a couple of months old and downloaded photos without any problem until a couple of works ago when the camera just did not want to connect to the PC.

Now working. Cleaned up the computer and ensured that camera battery is fully charged.
Announcements