cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Camera Connect reports insufficient space on smartphone

sammymuredda
Apprentice

I am using the camera cannon app to transfer all my photos and videos and the one video I need the most when I go to download it it says, "Insufficient space on smart phone" but I have space and it will download the other videos besides this one?? Someone please help!

5 REPLIES 5

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings sammymuredda,

It may be possible that other videos that you've been able to transfer are smaller in file size compared to the video you're attempting to transfer.

If the video size is smaller or about the same size as the other videos then check to see if clearing up space on your phone will allow for you to download the video through the Canon Camera Connect app.

I did clear up more space & even bought more storage! So that’s not the problem! any other ideas?

Greetings sammymuredda,

You did mention purchasing more storage. Please note that the Canon Camera Connect app will download photos and videos directly to the camera's internal storage. It will not download to online cloud storage services like Google Photos or Apple's iCloud. It may be to where there's not enough space on the phone's internal storage and we would need to clear up some room on the phone.

how do i do that?

Sammymuredda, have you solved that? I guess I’ve already looked through all the forums and threads, but nothing has helped me. The only source I’ve not checked yet is https://zumroad.com/tech, so I hope I’ll find something helpful there. Actually, I always find some helpful recs there if there’s nothing mentioned about my problem on the forums. So, I’d be grateful if you told me how to fix that. Actually, I’ve recently got my first Canon camera, so I’m currently figuring out how it works. Waiting for your replies!!!

Announcements