cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find EOS Rebel T7i Firmware

clynch
Contributor

Your instruction keep leading me to the standard support page, but when I go there is no reference for Firmware and I have looked in ever sub area.  I want to connect it to my Android Phone

21 REPLIES 21

clynch
Contributor

This seems like poor support to not make obvious or explain why it is not there or where it is!!

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Clynch,

Connecting your camera to your phone is not really a feature of firmware.

What you want to do with your Android phone is go to the Google Play Store and download an app called, "Canon Camera Connect".

This app will allow you to use your phone to operate your camera, or to download pictures from it.

Steve Thomas

I love how people chime in here and don't have Clue!
From the Canons Firmware download for my Camera

Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

1. Enables NFC connection with smartphones running Android 10 operating system. 
*For Android running v6.0 or later, use Camera Connect v2.7.10 or later.
*For Android running v5.0 or older, use a connection method other than NFC. 

Plus I also don't have the previous Firmware Update 1.0.2 that should be included in this latest included 2 patches to protect your phone from vulnerabilities in the original cameras software.

Software Vulnerabilities can be a really bad thing!!

@clynch wrote:

From the Canons Firmware download for my Camera

Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:

1. Enables NFC connection with smartphones running Android 10 operating system. 
*For Android running v6.0 or later, use Camera Connect v2.7.10 or later.
*For Android running v5.0 or older, use a connection method other than NFC. 

Plus I also don't have the previous Firmware Update 1.0.2 that should be included in this latest included 2 patches to protect your phone from vulnerabilities in the original cameras software.

Firmware updates are inclusive. "Up to" means 1.02 or lower. 

Screenshot 2024-02-29 143433.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

clynch
Contributor

THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!!!! OK FORGET THE ANDROID STUFF WHAT IF I JUST WANT THE LATEST AND GREATEST FIRMWARE FIXES!!!!  

Hi there, and welcome to the Canon Community!

If you're ever confused and would rather speak with technical support one-on-one, call our team here in the USA at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). You may find it beneficial to register your camera before calling. You can do that at canon.us/account.

I'm not a tech, but I wanted to take the time to walk you through the process because it can be a bit much.

You can't install firmware using a mobile device (phone or tablet), so you will not see it unless you're on a computer.

From a laptop or desktop, navigate to https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-rebel-t7i

• On that page, tap "DOWNLOADS" in the top black bar (just above the photo of the T7i).
  • Expand the "Software & Drivers" section by tapping it.
  • The site will have detected your computer's Operating System. However, the firmware came out in 2020, before Windows 11 & the most current versions of macOS. That means you must change it manually to "macOS Catalina v10.15" if you're on macOS or "Windows 10" if you use Windows.
  • Just below the Operating System drop-down is another drop-down that says "Download Type." Change that to "Firmware"
  •  You will then see, at a minimum, the most current firmware file:Stephen_0-1709214128978.png
  • Tap the box above the gray download box, and it will activate and change to red, allowing you to download the file.

I've attached a PDF with the official update instructions once you have the file.

I sincerely hope this helps, but please, if you get stuck or need someone to walk you through this, give our team a call! They're available 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM Monday through Friday and 9:00 AM - 7:00PM on Saturday.

clynch
Contributor

WITH THIS KIND OF SUPPORT THIS WILL LIKELY BE THE LAST CANON PRODUCT I EVER BUY!!!!

@clynch wrote:

It's right here:

Screenshot 2024-02-29 071627.jpg

Posting in all caps is a violation of the forum guidelines. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

"WITH THIS KIND OF SUPPORT THIS WILL LIKELY BE THE LAST CANON PRODUCT I EVER BUY!!!!"

Why? You got a comprehensive reply from a Canon employee. You got several instructions and advice from folks that have no incentive to help. They just want to see you get what you wanted.

And, BTW, it is considered very rude to use all caps. You might keep that in mind next time you go off.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements