cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install Firmware Update PowerShotSX720HS

donnadaub
Apprentice

I am trying to install the current firmware update on my PowerShot 720HS. Can no longer upload images to cloud. I have downloaded the file for my camera and OS provided on the Canon website and copied it to my SD card, but I can't get my camera to recognize the new firmware.  I can't even get to the firmware command.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Donna and welcome to the forum:

The most likely cause is that you may not be in the right mode.  The menus vary according to whether you choose a highly automated mode, like Auto or P.   To see the full menus, suggest you set the mode to M, Av or Tv and try again.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Donna and welcome to the forum:

The most likely cause is that you may not be in the right mode.  The menus vary according to whether you choose a highly automated mode, like Auto or P.   To see the full menus, suggest you set the mode to M, Av or Tv and try again.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements