cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow does not recognize my PowerShotSX540 HS

Cagood-2024
Apprentice

I am looking for any assistance for an issue that I have recently encountered with my Power Shot SX540HS and inability to utilize the CameraWindow to retrieve photos from the camera and import them to my desktop. The operating system on my desk top is Windows 10.  I keep getting a dialog message that the camera is not detected.  Check connection and retry.  I have all photos backed up in 2 different cloud storage and also have all on a portable external hard drive as well.  I uninstalled the program that was on my desktop and reinstalled this morning hoping that this would be a solution but unfortunately it did not and I am still getting the above mentioned dialog message box.  I am a novice when it comes to any technical issues and can never find any helpful resource within any data base knowledge offered.  Also my Wi Fi connectivity feature is hit or miss as well so I utilize USB cable for any data transfer.  Any suggestions, recommendations, or assistance is greatly appreciated as I would like to retrieve the photos that are on the camera before the SD card becomes full.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

A card reader is typically a good option for transferring images from a SD Card.  

It sounds like your issue is related to your computer environment and its inability to detect the camera when connected.  If you are going to use a cable, please turn Wi-Fi on the camera off.

Has the cable you are using to connect worked before?  Have you tried another cable?

Are you connecting it directly to the computers USB port or motherboard?  Don't use any hubs or adapters. 

Do other devices detect properly when connected to USB?  Mouse, keyboard, USB stick, etc?  Does a drive letter get assigned to any external storage device when connected?  Do you hear a detection sound?  Anythng?  Try connecting the camera to a different port, maybe the one your external drive is connected to.  Use Safely Remove in the system tray before disconnection.   

Windows 10, press the start button, lower left, start typing..  "Device Manager" and open this.

shadowsports_0-1711891022216.png

shadowsports_1-1711891075448.png

Now connect the camera and watch the device tree, does it refresh and acknowledge the camera connection.  Does it appear with a red x or yellow triangle?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements