cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CameraWindow app for windows phone 8?

wizll
Apprentice

I admit that my canon 7d and canon powershot cameras have been collecting dust since getting a Lumia 1020. It is a beast of a camera phone, but I've also seen the s120 and s110's in action and the thing that really piqued my interest was the ability of the camerawindow app on ios/android to grab the pic wirelessly from the camera and be able to share it via the phone immediately. Unfortunately, I can't see myself parting way with the 1020 camera phone, so the lack of the camerawindow app on wp8 results in no point in making the purchase now until there is an app available.

will we ever see the app on the windows phone platform?

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You do know this is a Canon forum?  Do you think you might have better results if you tried a cell phone forum?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes, and Canon develops the app that is used to browse the photos on the wifi enabled "Canon" cameras.

Check out the other post requesting app for Win8 mobile. Here is Canon offical response "Thank you all for your interest in Canon’s Mobile Apps! We’re constantly looking to improve and update our software, however at this time we’re not planning on developing a Windows Phone 8 App."

So don't expect anything soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

what about now? We are in 2015, July. Is there a app for Windows Phone planed?

With Win10 and the universal platform they've developed (a single app store across phones, tablets, and computers) they'd be crazy not to.

To transfer photo from Canon WiFi camera to a Windows phone first download the photo to PC (Canon Camera Window app needs to be installed on PC) then run the Easy Transfer app on phone (available in Windows Store), open http://192.168.1.100 in browser & click Upload. Select photo on PC.  This will then be transferred to the phone.  

danielgr
Contributor

Same here, this situation is truly frustrating...

Already been waiting for this well over a year (ever since the 6D launched).

I've been stuck with my EOS Rebel T2i for years now, waiting for Canon to release a nice DSLR with built-in WiFi and GPS capabilities. Now they finally have a few choices, but then they decide to boycot my smartphone of choice...

I understand iOS and Android get the priority because of their global market share, but com'on, after almost 2 years they could at least have a basic app for Windows, even if we don't get all the bells and whistles.

In the end I keep using my phone more and more, as it's camera gets better (just got a Lumia 930) and I have the possibility to instantly share what I'm doing. I still recognize the picture quality is miles behind my SLR, but then again it's just so convenient. Now if only Canon gave us the possibility to connect using Windows Phone...

I guess that the main reason for it is that Windows Phone has not yet been released in Japan... but really, by now there are no excuses. Based on Nokia sales alone there must be near if not more of 100 million Windows Phone users around...; should we all stop buying Canon products?

PS: And yes, I just registered to complain about this situation, as a 10 years long Canon enthusiast.

I just release an image sharing app named "Photomete Share" for Windows Phone 8.1. It is NOT a remote control app but it does allow you to download up to 25 recent jpeg images from camera to phone. It has been tested on EOS 70D and XA20 Camcorder.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/photomete-share/df809729-5b1a-4f72-a581-9bc2213e2e3e

Your App looks great, from what i have seen on the screenshots! Exactly what I am looking for!!

Unfortunately the App does not work with the Canon S120! (12/2014) It would be nice if you could support this camera as well and provide a short overview/intruduction! Thanks for the great work!!!

Cheers, Markus

Announcements