cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe DNG Converter doesn't see CR3 files from my new EOS R3

johndd
Contributor

I have downloaded a newer version of Adobe DNG Converter. I have an old 7.1 and later version on my MacBook Pro that I used to convert CR2 5D Mark III files. I have downloaded 15.3 and later on a new PC to convert CR3 files from my R3 camera. But, when I go to select source folder 100CANON, I see no CR3 files. I can see them on the SC card, but it seems the Adobe DNG Converter doesn't recognize them. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

johnrmoyer
Mentor
Mentor

I have not used any Adobe software for many years, but I hope some of this might help anyway. I use one of Canon DPP software, rawtherapee, or Apple Photos.app for raw development. For further editing in another program, I save a 16 bit TIFF file from Canon DPP. I set the camera to "Standard" picture style as that seems to me to work best in other programs. I set white balance in DPP. I use Digital Lens Optimizer in DPP. The rest can be done as well or better in another program.

---
https://www.rsok.com/~jrm/

Peter
Authority
Authority

I have never seen any individual files in Adobe DNG Converter. Only folders. Pick the right folder and hit convert.

BTW, don't erase your original raw files. DNG Converter doesn't preserve makernotes from CR3.

Announcements