cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Extender 1.4x does not fit

BobArcand
Contributor

I just bought a RF extender 1.4x and 100-500mm lens for my Canon R5.  I have owned 2x extenders in the past and never had an issue with mounting it or any lens.  Just tried to mount the new extender, didn’t think much about it and just mounted as usual.  Turns out it won’t mount properly and I have apparently mounted it backwards on my R5 - stuck and can’t get it off.  Now I can’t use the camera or lens.  Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I have this lens and TC with my R5 C.  Start with this.  The TC can only be fitted on the lens with the zoom adjusted to 300-500mm.

You can't mount it backwards.  The flange and mount only goes one way. It works the same way a lens mounts except the lens itself has to be zoomed to 300mm +

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I have this lens and TC with my R5 C.  Start with this.  The TC can only be fitted on the lens with the zoom adjusted to 300-500mm.

You can't mount it backwards.  The flange and mount only goes one way. It works the same way a lens mounts except the lens itself has to be zoomed to 300mm +

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you so much; all problems resolved!

Announcements