cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound from Rode wireless II on EOS M50 Mark II

wrazier
Apprentice

Hey, when I connect the Rode II to my M50 Mark ii, I don't register any sound.  There is no audio on my videos, and when I check the camera audio setting it's not receiving input.  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

angela683
Apprentice

@wrazierDollarTreeCompass wrote:

Hey, when I connect the Rode II to my M50 Mark ii, I don't register any sound.  There is no audio on my videos, and when I check the camera audio setting it's not receiving input.  Any ideas?

Hello,

It seems you’re experiencing an issue with your Rode II microphone not registering sound on your Canon M50 Mark II camera. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can follow:

Check Microphone Connection: Ensure that the microphone is securely connected to the camera. If it’s a wireless mic, verify that it’s properly paired.
Verify Camera Settings:
Go to the camera’s audio settings and ensure that the microphone input is enabled.
Check the sound recording settings and switch to ‘Manual’ if it’s set to ‘Auto’. Adjust the recording level to avoid peaking.
Check Microphone Power:
The Rode II microphone requires plug-in power, so make sure your camera is supplying it. Refer to your camera’s manual to ensure plug-in power is enabled.
Monitor Audio Levels:
The VideoMicro II is sensitive, so you may need to set your camera gain level quite low. Keep an eye on the level meter on your camera. If it’s turning red while recording, turn your audio level down.
Test Microphone on Another Device: To rule out an issue with the microphone itself, try connecting it to another device to see if it works.
Firmware Update: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your camera or microphone that might resolve compatibility issues.

I hope my suggestion is helpful for you.

Best Regard,
angela683

Announcements