cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Filter Suggestions for 75-300mm, EOS Rebel T7

Canonbassist909
Contributor

hey everyone ! I hope you are all doin well out there in the world today 

wanted to pick your brains if I may for some suggestions on filters/brands that I can use for sharper and defined images for my canon t7, or do you have suggested settings that I can program my camera to... 

cheers all !! 

Alexander 

16 REPLIES 16

sweet ! im making some field notes at the moment hahah 😎

I configured my t7 to 1/1000, where should I put my iso at ? 

Recommend you put your camera in Tv (Shutter Priority) mode.  There, you get to control the specific shutter speed (e.g. 1/1000).  The camera will then choose the aperture and ISO for you.

Eventually, do start exploring the exposure triangle where you'll learn that as you adjust any one value (aperture, shutter speed or ISO), you'll then adjust one or both of the other two to compensate.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

you have been a great help ! thanks much for all the info Ricky ! 

cheers ! 

Alexander 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Canonbassist909 wrote:

hey everyone ! I hope you are all doin well out there in the world today 

wanted to pick your brains if I may for some suggestions on filters/brands that I can use for sharper and defined images for my canon t7, or do you have suggested settings that I can program my camera to... 

cheers all !! 

Alexander 

Filters do not make your images sharper.  Filters alter a difficult shooting condition to something that is more favorable and easier for the camera to capture.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

JFG
Enthusiast

Hi Alexander,

I like and use the Hoya HD Duty High Definition Protective Filter to protect my lenses.  They are made in Japan and they will not affect the color balance or performance of your Canon Japanese lenses in the slightest.  They are high quality filters, and I have not experienced any chromatic averation or have had any problems with them.  If you want to spend more money you can get B+W, they are made in Germany or Manfrotto, they're made in Italy.  I use Hoya as they are high quality Japanese optics. However you won't go wrong with any of the other aforementioned filters.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

ill definitely take a look into these as well 😎

Announcements