cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R3 Replacement Eye Cup

pepperman
Contributor

Can someone tell me why canon would produce a $6000 camera that is weather sealed except for the hotshoe which must be covered with a cheap cover that easily comes off if you use it. Also for the 1st time in the history of my owning Canon equipment (and we are talking about 5 decades) the eye cup of the r3 also easily comes off and Canon has not had a replacement eye cup for months! I then purchased the ridiculous ER-he thinking that it would be nice to have something but whoever designed that must not have ever tried it on the camera! Really Canon!!! What is up? When can I get a replacement eye cup?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Hmm. Good question. The Canon high performance, full frame DSLRs did not include a hot shoe.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Of course there is a hot shoe however it is for some reason not water/moisture resistant and you must keep this rubber cover on which does not stay on well, especially if you are working!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

"The Canon high performance, full frame DSLRs did not include a hot shoe." ??

1D X Mark III below:

Screenshot 2022-11-29 200336.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75wrote:

"The Canon high performance, full frame DSLRs did not include a hot shoe." ??

1D X Mark III below:

LOL. I must have been thinking built-in flash. #SeniorMoments

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Jasonkayla2
Apprentice

The R7 eyecup easily rips too. They want me to send the camera in to replace it. Why not just sell the part? Of course it should have been made of better quality in the first place, but its ’s a very simple repair/replacement.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You are resurrecting and old thread.

I have never ripped an eyecup on a SLR, DSLR or MILC camera.  I guess it happens?  

R3 eyecup In stock at B&H

shadowsports_0-1682344968165.png

Amazon has after market for R3, R7 and more.

shadowsports_1-1682345227999.png

My recommendation.  CarePaks make sense.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements