cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark II "No Signal" message from Elgato Cam Link 4

AaronF
Apprentice

Long time viewer, first time asker. I have an older 5D Mark ii and it has sentimental value to me, but I have to admit, its no longer my go to camera. Recently, I was asked to start recording some work related videos by my network, I am in agricultural development and I am somehow considered to be an expert in a specific supply chain, so I started looking into the best way to go about these videos. I came to terms with the Elgato Cam Link 4 because not only has it been highly suggested by people I know and trust, but it has terrific reviews. 

So here is the basic info: 

- I created a field bag that consists of a 2016 MacBook Pro 17" with great ram, and a great video card with Elgato's Camera Hub installed and up to date 

- I have my 5D Mark ii with several EF lenses (this is why I choose to use this camera because I have great lenses and nothing to use them for anymore) 

- Elgato Cam Link 4 with a brand new 15' Mini HDMI to HDMI 4K 60Hz 2.0 cord

Issue: 

- On Camera Hub is showing the "Canon EOS 5D Mark ii" but its stating 'no signal' 

- Settings on the Camera are currently at: Live View/Move Func. Set at "enable", AF mode is set to "Live Mode"; Movie Rec. Size is set to 1920x1080 {24} and the video system is PAL 

Can anyone help? Am I wasting my time with this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try connecting your camera's HDMI output to a TV set and put in Live view mode. If you see a picture (video) on the TV, then your camera is fine and you should probably check with Elgato for help with troubleshooting their product.

alegxoff
Apprentice

Did you solve it?

Announcements