cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon W-E1 Wi-Fi adapter not working

starimages1
Contributor

Does anyone use a Canon W-E1 WI-FI adapter???    I can't seem to get this thing to work.    Advice?????????

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What camera?

Exactly what problem(s) are you having?

Canon Support for Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canon 5DS R   And we get to a point where we have to install a expensive app to be able to receive the images on a phone or laptop

jafried
Apprentice

Using the EOS 7D Mark II, I had the same problem, talking to support they directed me to the link for firmware V1.1.3 when installed on the camera the remote works as expected

The link is https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/0400005265/01/eos7d2-v113-win.zip

If you have another camera update to latest driver, assuming it can be found

@starimages1 wrote:

Canon 5DS R   And we get to a point where we have to install a expensive app to be able to receive the images on a phone or laptop

Greetings,

I thought the card worked with the EOS Utility and Canon Connect App which is free? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

@starimages1 wrote:

Greetings,

I thought the card worked with the EOS Utility and Canon Connect App which is free? 

You are correct Rick. 5DsR is listed in the app and states that the WiFi-E1 is required. 
Perhaps OP has an incompatible phone device. That happened in a different thread. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I know nothing about the 5DSR.  But I assume the Canon connect APP will work with it.  The APP is free for an iPhone.  The w-E! from B&H was $20

Announcements