cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BG-E22 Battery Grip door will not open

MSUdoyal
Apprentice

I have a 3086C002 BG-E22 Battery Grip. The tab you pull down to rotate to open the battery tray is completely stripped and rotates freely in both directions.  The door is fully locked.  Any suggestions on how to repair this or at least get the battery tray open?  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello MSUdoyal,

You can have the grip serviced at one of our factory service centers. I have attached a repair form to this post for you to fill out and it provides you with our service center addresses. You can use which ever one is closest to you for service.

ganatbasa
Apprentice

I just bought a Canon BG-E22 Battery Grip and I'm a little worried that it might be counterfeit.

Anyone out there with a genuine Canon BG-E22 battery grip who would be willing to weigh it for me (without batteries, with tray) and tell me what it weighs in grams? I've searched everywhere online, emailed Canon, and can't get any answers. Comparing the weight should be helpful as I've found that counterfeit things are often a substantially different weight (e.g., fake Apple power supplies are often much lighter).

Deep gratitude in advance!

Announcements