cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZR85 How to transfer videos to my iMac running macOS v11.6.2

kvs2
Apprentice

I would like to transfer videos from my ZR85 camcorder to my iMac computer with OS 11.6.2.  Can anyone advise on the best way to do this as I have been striking out with proper cables/connectors.  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It’s been awhile since I went on my tear to find what I needed.  I ended up always being short of the cable I needed and gave up.  I tried to avoid paying someone exorbitant fees to transfer my tapes, but agree it’s the only solution at this point.  Thanks so much for your input!!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Be sure to get the correct thunderbolt adapter to what your Mac needs.  When I last tried to import footage from miniDV tapes, my Mac used Thunderbolt 3.  The Firewire to Thunderbolt cable I got at the time was for Thunderbolt 2, so had to add an additional Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter.

Alas though, this did not work at all.  Thankfully, I already had imported the most important miniDV videos from years earlier on a Mac Pro that had built-in Firewire ports.

Not saying that your setup will fail, but I could not get anything working with Firewire to Thunderbolt cables.

If I ever need to import additional footage, I'll seek out a service.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

It’s been awhile since I went on my tear to find what I needed.  I ended up always being short of the cable I needed and gave up.  I tried to avoid paying someone exorbitant fees to transfer my tapes, but agree it’s the only solution at this point.  Thanks so much for your input!!

Thank you so much for this! Yeah, I was worried about buying the TB to FW and TB2 to TB3 and then not working. I actually still have an old MacBook with FW800 port so I'm going to try that. Hopefully it works.

Announcements