cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZR85 How to transfer videos to my iMac running macOS v11.6.2

kvs2
Apprentice

I would like to transfer videos from my ZR85 camcorder to my iMac computer with OS 11.6.2.  Can anyone advise on the best way to do this as I have been striking out with proper cables/connectors.  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It’s been awhile since I went on my tear to find what I needed.  I ended up always being short of the cable I needed and gave up.  I tried to avoid paying someone exorbitant fees to transfer my tapes, but agree it’s the only solution at this point.  Thanks so much for your input!!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I assume your camera has firewire. I have had some luck with iMovie and my Sony using the apple Firewire -> TB 2 and the apple TB2->TB3 adapter. You probably do need a firewire 6 pin to 4 pin cable.

Thank you so much kvbarkley!! 🙏🏻  Will what you suggest do it for this cable?

Thank you kvbarkley!  Will what you suggest work with this cable?

A2CCF8C3-BA8D-41C0-BA18-8B067113DE27.png

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, those are FW400 cables. You need FW800 to the camera FW400 connector.

srs12
Apprentice

Hi! I'm having the same issue. I'm running mac os 14.2.1 on MacBook pro circa 2018. I bought a replacement DV --> Firewire and Firewire to USB adapter (and USBc adapter). No luck. Here are the cords I bought:

StevenMOD_0-1705637083655.png

h

StevenMOD_1-1705637121551.png

[Links removed per Community guidelines]

You can't use Firewire to USB it has to be Firewire to Thunderbolt. And hurry, it appears that Apple is discontinuing the adapters

I can’t even find it at all - do you have a link? Thank you so much!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Nope, I said it was discontinued. It looks to be available in hong kong:

We can't link to products

Or google "Apple firewire to thunderbolt adapter" It appears to still be available on the Apple Store in Hong Kong. 8^)

Thank you so much!! 

Thank you so much!  I’ll try that!  

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements