cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to convert mini dv tapes to digital

Jhostler
Apprentice

I have a Canon ZR800 that I have created several mini dv tapes with.  What is the best way to convert these tapes I made to a digital format?  I have a Macbook to use for the digital format.

1 REPLY 1

Tim
Authority

Hello Jhoslter,

To transfer footage from the ZR800 to your Mac, you will need a firewire (IEEE-1394) cable and a firewire port on your computer.  If your computer is not equipped with a firewire port, we would suggest contacting your computer manufacturer for information regarding which firewire card will work best on your system.

As it is only possible to transfer video to a computer via firewire connection with the Canon camcorder, any video capturing program that supports firewire connections should be fine to use to transfer video to your computer.  Canon does not manufacture video capturing programs or support a particular brand.   

Canon does not require firewire drivers for any of our miniDV camcorders.  Our camcorders use the driver for your firewire card to communicate with the computer.

The appearance of the "DV IN" message in the camcorder's LCD screen indicates that the camcorder has detected your firewire port and is waiting for a signal from the video editing software to begin the transfer of footage.  The remainder of the transfer process is controlled by that software; we would suggest reviewing the instructions for that program for further information.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements