cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R800 switches from 24p to 29p by itself

studiocanon
Apprentice

during recording on hfr800, the camera change from 24p to 29p by itself, making half the video uneditable.my go around was to output from the hdmi out directly into a switcher that recorded everything, which worked.the weird thing is when you looked at the footage in the camera, it read only 3 videos and played fine on the camera, however when downloading the 3 videos from the sd card to PC to edit the video there was 5 videos,to which 4 of them chnage frame rate on there own. Never saw anything like this, any idea why? use the same camera again and no issues.Im really puzzled and help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Are you using dual slot recording?  And for the main card, did you select a video quality of 35 Mbps?  The User Manual states that 35 Mbps recordings will always be recorded at 60 frames per second*.

Manual also states on page 76 that dual recording makes use of a lower 4 Mbps bitrate for the other copy of the footage.  Though I don't see details on if using 4 Mbps, would that be recording in a very specific frame frame.

* note that even though the manual references 60, 30 or 24 frames per second, it will actually be 59.94, 29.97 and 23.976 frames per second.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

it always is set at 24P which I know is the 23.97. it’s never changed it’s my preferred frame rate.

someone suggested that there maybe a possible glitch in the camera,if the battery is low it may switch the frame rate to save power.I dont know,still waiting for answers

Announcements