cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF R800 Image split in half

qwerty17
Contributor

I recorded a video on a canon camcorder. However, when playing at the video, it split in half. Is there a way to fix this?Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 8.53.43 PM.png

12 REPLIES 12

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Likely so. Let us know what model you have and we'll see what we can do to help.  The files may have a 4 GB size limit but again we need to know what model you own.

Links to tool removed.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you, I will try that MP4 join tool. The camcorder is a Sony - HDRCX405 Camcorder

I don't think he means split in half by time, but split in half in the middle. Look at the screenshot.

OP: Generally, you can't play back a movie made on another camera - especially another brand! I suggest you view it on a PC.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi Qwerty17,

Sorry I was on my mobile device when I replied earlier.  I thought your picture was a title screen of a home movie 🤣  A bad stitch together  (sorry)

Your post says the file was recorded on a Canon device.  In a later reply, you indicated you have a Sony product?   

It doesn't look like your device is happy to playback files recorded on another product.  My advice would be to pick one or the other.  The software I reference is for joining mp4 files generated on a Canon Camera which are split due to the size of the files... not the picture being split in two because it was recorded on one device and being played back on another.  

Thankfully, kvbarkley pointed out your what appears to be your issue.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, I'm sorry. It was a canon vixia HR R800. I don't know why I said sony. When I play the video on my computer it forms a split in between the video. But I will try that tool you mentioned today

Is the video split into two files, or does the whole video look like a split screen like you showed?

The tool mentioned won't fix a split screen. I have no idea what happened there.

The whole video has a split. What's weird is that not only is it split but the video is altered like majority of the person's body is on the right and his arm is on the left. Like it's split but also switch it around.

Is it split into two files.

No, it just one file. The length of the video is 1hour 38mins

Announcements