VIXIA HF R700 How's my setup?

Naboh
Apprentice

Mini HDMI from cam through capture card to Mac USB
External mic to Vixia mic-In 3.5mm
OBS or Detail Studio Software on Mac to monitor A/V and record
Headphones plugged into back of Mac
And Record to the cam SD card and/or OBS or Detail Studio on the Mac
Will all these work together simultaneously ?
What am I missing? Are ther better software choices & or hardware/cable conigurations?
Thanks, hope I was clear.

3 REPLIES 3

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings Naboh,

Unfortunately, the above scenario may not work due to the VIXIA HF R700 not designed to support live streaming through the HDMI terminal. The HDMI terminal on the camcorder was designed to provide playback capabilities on a television display.

Naboh
Apprentice

Thanks for responding. Does it support live-streaming out from it's USB port?
What is your least expensive live-streaming camera? Would it be HDMI?

Thanks, John

Greetings Naboh,

The VIXIA HF R700 does not provide live streaming capabilities through the USB port.

Canon USA does offer cameras that have live streaming capabilities and the cameras would stream through their USB port along with using our EOS Webcam Utility software application. You may click on the following link to visit the EOS Webcam Utility web page on our website where you can view a list of cameras that are compatible with our software. There are Canon EOS cameras along with Canon PowerShot cameras. You may scroll down on the page until you get to the section labeled "Select Your Compatible EOS or PowerShot Camera Model Below to Download the Utility". From there, you may check their pricing and determine which camera would suit your needs.

https://www.usa.canon.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg9SynN7MhAMV9GZH...

Announcements