cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF G70 trouble loading custom picture profiles

Korte
Contributor

I recently got the Vixia HF G70 and have downloaded some pf2 and pf3 files because they were the only "custom picture files" I could find. The pf3's came from a YouTuber and the pf2's came from the canon website. I then put them on a SD card and tried to load them but the load option is greyed out. What am I missing here? It's amazing how little information there is out there about CP for camcorders and this camera in general.

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Have you followed the steps outlined on page 84 in the User Manual?

If so, you may want to first save custom settings onto an SD card and see where that is stored.  e.g. is it at the root of the card? Or it is placed within a subfolder?   What is the name of the file that was stored?   For those that you downloaded, did they have an extension of .zip where you'd first need to unzip them?   Were there any instructions provided by Canon for those you downloaded from there?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I tried placing the files directly on the card and also inside the only folder in the card, neither worked. The manual just says to put them in the card and you can load them, it’s pretty vague. After reading more about how to use the pf2 files I got from canon it looks like they’re only usable on EOS cameras? I’m guessing these pf3 styles are the same since the guy wasn’t using a camcorder. I’m just wondering where to get CP for my camcorder? Are there just none in existence? Why are there instructions to load them if there aren’t any available anywhere?

Did you try setting up a custom profile and saving that to the SD card?   That should provide what the file's name needs to be and if it would need to be put into a subfolder or not.

--
Ricky

Yes, I did that and it created a folder with a CPF file, I then found some CPF files online and put them in the same location as the saved CPF file and I'm unable to load them. I then put them in every location possible on the card and still unable to load. I'm guessing there will be a firmware update at some point that will add more looks onto the camera? There currently aren't any except for the default which is just rec 709 normal. All I can do is edit a custom picture file on the camera. I use a G60 as well at one of my jobs and it has what you would expect from a Canon camera, standard, neutral, faithful, etc...

Are you able to re-load the profile you earlier created?  I'm wondering the the profile can only have been created from another Vixia G70?  Maybe they are unique per model?

--
Ricky

I can load the one I saved, that’s it.

Announcements