cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF G60 white balance setting in function menu grayed out when recording

jf17352
Apprentice

Hello,

I have not been able to figure out how to change the white balance setting in the function menu during recording, since the setting is grayed out. All other settings in the function menu are not grayed out during the recording (i.e., can be changed). 

Even assigning the white balance (WB) to an assignable button (onscreen assignable button "photo") won't allow changing the white balance during recording.

The white balance setting can, of course, be changed when the camera is not recording to an SD card. 

The camera is being used in an indoor setting under varying lighting conditions to record a file, as well as to output via HDMI (broadcasting live over an in-house TV channel). The only work-around that I have found is to momentarily stop the recording, so that the white balance can be changed, and then restart the recording. In addition to missing the intervening action, touching the camera jostles the picture a bit, which is very noticeable in the live HDMI feed.

I have found no explanation in the user manual about technical reasons for not being able to change the white balance setting during recording. 

Firmware version is 1.0.1.0.

What am I missing? Thanks for any information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings jf17352,

I'm sorry but the white balance on the VIXIA HF G60 cannot be changed on the camera while the camera is recording as per the design of the camera. The user must stop the recording to allow for the white balance to be changed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings jf17352,

I'm sorry but the white balance on the VIXIA HF G60 cannot be changed on the camera while the camera is recording as per the design of the camera. The user must stop the recording to allow for the white balance to be changed.

Any background on the design choice would be appreciated (cost, I guess), but thanks for the information. 

Announcements