cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a windows 10 driver for my ZR80

dhm1dhm1
Apprentice

I need a windows 10 driver for my ZR80 camcorder to connect it via firewire.

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dhm1dhm1,

Thanks for posting!

Because your camcorder uses a firewire connection, no drivers are available or required for the transfer. Drivers are required for the firewire port on your computer. This allows your computer to communicate with, and use the port.

If the firewire port is built into the motherboard, you'll want to check with your computer's manufacturer or the manufacturer of the motherboard to ensure that you have the most recent drivers.

If the firewire connection is via an expansion board, I'd check with the board's manufacturer. Also, if there's an auxiliary power connection on the board, please ensure that the board is correctly installed and connected, according to manufacturer's instructions.

Please ensure that your firewire cable is in good condition.

Please note: A firewire to USB connection will not work. I regret the difficulty this causes.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

VideoGeek
Mentor

You might find the following links helpful if you are trying to connect via FireWire.  I use Windows 10 (the motherboard has built-in FireWire) and am able to capture video via FireWire.

Trying to fix FireWire problems with Windows 10, 8, 7

Legacy FireWire driver from Microsoft

Announcements