cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HF R50 Touchscreen popped out

jammincomedy
Apprentice

Hello.  I have a Vixia HF R50 camcorder.  The camera mount for the tripod wasn't in securely and the camera fell off the tripod.  It hit a floor with very thin carpeting and the touchscreen popped out.  Can that be popped back in?  Or, can I take out some screws to put the strip back in to the correct location so the touchscreen will be recognized properly by the camera? 

It will still record but random things are popping up on the screen while the camera is on.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Maybe?  Though probably best to call up Canon to see about doing a repair.  There may be other things that have become loose.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

They won't repair it because they stopped servicing this model in 2019.  I just replaced another similar camera with a V10 PowerShot through the Canon Loyalty program.  But, I wasn't hoping to have to replace another one so soon.  I have found some low-cost 4K cameras for less than this one costs used on Amazon that would probably be more than enough for the school setting that I use them in. 

We just use them for classroom projects.  We use a higher-end camera for streaming sporting events etc.

Announcements