cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA11 - HELP!!!!!!!! I Accidentally Deleted Everything I Recorded Yesterday

matthewpaps56
Apprentice

I just joined the media club at my school last week, and I wanted to tape the flag football game vs the high school in the next town over, it was my first time using a xa11 camcorder, I got home, looked at the footage and noticed the drive to the game was recorded which I didn’t want anyone to see, so I pressed delete like 503-…. Then I deleted everything!! I need that footage back from the game! This was my first day! Am I screwed?

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Go to the website for the cards maker, they may have some recovery software, but don't get your hopes up. DO NOT do anything further with the card, ie, more deletes or take footage.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Today you have learned your first valuable lesson.  Never make edits to your original footage.  Always have a back up.  You are going to need a card reader for the recovery attempt.  Put the card in the reader, and run the recovery software on the card.  Hopefully it finds the file(s).    Good luck. 🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements