cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIXIA HF G70 Grey Box at top on screen

msnow28
Apprentice

I've searched for this for a couple weeks now and I can't figure out that this grey box is from.  The camera is a HF G70. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  I have done a factory reset turned off the display from the side of the cameraScreenshot 2024-03-29 at 6.12.08 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, msnow28!  Is this gray box only appearing on the camera's LCD screen or does it appear to be part of your video footage? That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's on both the LCD and the output footage. Using them as live stream cams. Power plugged in, no battery, HDMI into an ATEM.

Dgolfer59
Apprentice

It's grey on mine as well. Unless I'm running the camcorder then it shows a red dot. Mine comes out When I'm live streaming.

IamintheUK
Rising Star
Rising Star

That grey box is merely an indicator that turns red to show when you are recording.

I can only go by the G40 that I had. There was a menu item called Output Onscreen Displays in which you could select either on or off. You could still have the displays on on the camera screen but this would stop all of them going out over HDMI, including that recording indicator.

I would be surprised if the G70 didn't have this function.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
EOS C100 mk2 with the Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM lens - Zoom H2n - Dell 8700 i7-4790 3.6Ghz, 24GB Ram, Win 10, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 19.0b1 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - DJI Ronin S

msnow28
Apprentice

Thank you! I will check that again. I though I had that selected. We are using a 3 camera shoot, so maybe i missed this single one.

Announcements