cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Vixia HF G30 Rebooting Randomly

SFlanigan
Apprentice

I have a Canon Vixia HF G30 which I purchased in 2015.  Recently, it has begun to randomly restart itself during recording.  I have reset the camera back to the defaults and formatted the SD card.  Though this seemed to help  for a little while, the random restarts begin again.  I replaced the SD card, initialized it but this didn't clear up the problem.  Now, starting today, I find that though there are videos on the SD card, I cannot access them via the computer even though this was not an issue yesterday.  The SD card shows up but the media folder does not exist.

All of the above happen regardless if the camera is on battery power or AC power.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings SFlanigan,

Per your description, you have performed most of the troubleshooting steps that we would have suggested like formatting and replacing the SD card and testing the camcorder with both a battery pack and power adapter. We would recommend to also remove any attached accessory on the camcorder, like any cables, microphones, etc.

In case the issue persists, then we would have suggested to send the camcorder to our facility for service, but our facility no longer performs repairs on this model. An alternative option may be to see if you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program.

The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camcorder with a new or refurbished Canon camcorder at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Be sure to have your serial number for your camcorder available at the time of your call.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings SFlanigan,

Per your description, you have performed most of the troubleshooting steps that we would have suggested like formatting and replacing the SD card and testing the camcorder with both a battery pack and power adapter. We would recommend to also remove any attached accessory on the camcorder, like any cables, microphones, etc.

In case the issue persists, then we would have suggested to send the camcorder to our facility for service, but our facility no longer performs repairs on this model. An alternative option may be to see if you are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program.

The Canon Upgrade Program option allows you to replace your current camcorder with a new or refurbished Canon camcorder at a discounted price. If you would like to take part in the Canon Upgrade Program, please call our Sales Department at 1-866-443-8002 from Monday - Saturday between 9:00 am to 9:00 pm ET. Be sure to have your serial number for your camcorder available at the time of your call.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just got off the phone after upgrading to the XA60.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements