Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Canon Powershot SX40HS Lens Error

I have a Canon Powershot SX40HS and a few weeks ago I was foing a basketball film video, I had my camera set in a camera stand with it's lens zoomed out all way it 35mm.

Suddendly someone tried a trick shot and the ball bounced of the rim and hit the camera straigh in the lens, Camera was at least  3 car spaces away from the basketball hoop.

So now I;m having the lens start up error and it says please restart..I only take out the battery and try and try, the other day I got it to the no memory screen then it went back to the normal annoying thing, I though maybe it had something in it like a rock or dirt I got  a bag of air and and blew it in around it then later I got a piece of paper and shpaed it to cylinder to place it in the lens so it can maybe push out anything that is holding the lesn back but yet I dont know....Nothing that I do is working,,,,,,Is there any other ways to fix this? ...Btw It makes a weird star wars robot sound like when the lesn is tryng to come out and in

I will upload a video of the camera doing it's thing

Here is my last video I edited, Video was fully shot with the SX40HS and was filmed last year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ2l1ddylCs

Also would be good if anyone can help me find a good deal on one of these cameras 60D, t3i or the t5i...Short on money four dollars aint gonna buy me nothing expeft for a drink.

Who Me Too'd this topic