Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution
MP Navigator EX will not open

Recently switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 and have a PIXMA MX-870 multifunctional printer.  When I try to open the solutions menu I get an error message " Cannot start MP Navigator EX   check 1. Supported model is listed MX870, MX340, MX350 Canoscan 9000F     2. MP Driver/scanner driver is installed      3. Your product model is connected to PC properly and power is on     4.  Reconnect the USB cable when connected with  

My printer is online and I can print, but cannot scan from the solutions menu because get Cannot start MP Navigator EX message

I checked the forum references to MP Navigator EX stopped.  Checked the Twain_32 folder.  Only had one file (wiatwain.ds) in the folder there was no Pixma MX 870 file or any other files in that folder. 

Have reloaded files from original Canon software disk and have updated Canon file drivers, etc.  but get the same message .

Where do I get the Pixma MX 870 file to put in the Twain_32 folder and should that fix my problem of not being able to open MP Navigator EX? 

Appreciate any guidence about how to fix this problem from the forum.

Who Me Too'd this topic