cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Pixma MX922 will not connect to wifi 6 router

jbreef
New Contributor

I have a Pixma PX922 printer that I have never had any problems with.  I recently replaced my wifi router with a TP-Link Archer AX1800 which is wifi 6 (802.11ax) in order to take advantage of WPA3 security.  All of my wifi capable devices have no issues connecting to the router, however, when I attempt to connect my printer to the wifi network it fails.  The network discovery lists the SSID in the list of available networks, howeve, when I attempt to connect to the network I get the message "Failed to connect to the access point" followed by a list of reasons all of witch I have checked and double checked.  The failure occurs whether I use the WPS method or the Standard Method.  I haven't had any issues with wifi connectivity until I installed this router.  I checked the firmware for this printer and it is the latest Canon offers.  I have had to rely on wired connectivity to access this printer.  Anyone else have an issue with this combination?  Is this printer's wifi hardware not compatible with 802.11ax?  Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Who Me Too'd this topic