Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Canon 80D Touchscreen and HDMI out

Hi,

I just recently purchased my canon 80D to add to my collection. HF-R40, G40 (and some other older non-video DSLR cameras).

The touchscreen is amazing, its is seriously the TOP feature followed by Dual-pixel autofocus etc etc etc.

But I'm stumped as to why the touchscreen switches off when you connect HDMI monitor/TV for reviewing for live-viewing.

I use my little 7" portable screen on my other "cheap" consumer video cameras, but to find it switches off my 80D touchscreen is a big mis-step.

for the life of me, I cannot find an option in the menus to address this, unless someone knows of something i need to switch on/off that leads to switching the option on somewhere....

Will this be fixed in an up-and-coming firmware update? I personally see this as must-have fix especially for video which i believe is the drive behind this camera.

Who Me Too'd this topic